08 December 2008

Feeling great!

It's Monday. As yesterday was 'tree hunt' day, we now have a lovely tree. Yes, I asked forgiveness before cutting the tree down. (That was important to me). So this morning the children went into full decorating mode. The decorations that go throughout the house are out and the tree was brought in and fully decorated - lights, garland, beads, ornaments, tinsel... it's all done. We're even listening to Christmas music. It's very festive here. ;)

Have another two Reiki sessions booked for this upcoming weekend. The kids are going to their fourth birthday party already this month (who knew they had so many friends with Dec birthdays?!), and here it is, only the 8th!

Have two "at-home" days this week planned... so I will be baking buns tomorrow for the community christmas party next weekend and then the next at-home day I'll make a couple dozen gingerbread people and also soup to take up as well. On our "out" days, I'll pick up supplies - both groceries and craft supplies and assorted small gifts. So I'm feeling really on-top-of-things at the moment, despite still not having a solid group of volunteers backing me up on this one. One of my children said to me today, "Do you have to do the organizing? I mean, one of our neighbours doesn't do anything with the community association." No, I don't HAVE to do it. But I said, it's really important to me that (a) I volunteer and give back to my community because I feel really strongly about giving back so that when I need assistance I know I can depend on my neighbours, on my community, to help me out. That's part of it. Payin' it forward. And part of it is that I really want my children to have social interaction with other kids in the area; to have the opportunity to have a fun community party, and I *know* if I didn't step up to the plate here, especially this time 'round, that it simply would NOT happen at all, and that would be a shame, not just for my kids, but for all the kids and families and people in the neighbourhood that show up. Last year we probably had 30 or 40 people attend, and all seemed to really enjoy themselves, so in the end, I think it's worth it. It's just that I've been grumbling a LOT lately about having to do this or that for this hall party, and I think I need to rephrase how I say that. I get to do this for my community; nobody's forcing me to do it. :) Thanks, my child, for helping me see that. :)

No comments: