29 November 2008

Day 43

It's been a very productive few days. I've got the computer hd fixed and other appts have fallen into place. Housesitting has gone well, although it's a lot of driving back and forth, feeding our cats and also the animals at their house. But they have high-speed internet! LOL

Juicing has been going well. I'm averaging 5L a day, of which 1L is celery-based and 3L are greens-based and the last is usually something sweet - like the yam, carrot, apple, ginger, cinnamon that I love so much. Most have E3Live added (I'm using a bottle a week) and usually the first one of the day has 2 tbsp of hemp or flax oil added. That's become the usual routine, although I try to change it up as often as I am inspired to. And I'm getting at least a litre of water in as well each day; not often getting 2 or more litres, but 1 is better than none.

Definitely dry-brushing, hot/cold showering, exercising (and sweating), using positive affirmations and spending time just sitting in solitude, and also trying to take in something inspiring daily. With a busy home life with children about, it can be quite a lot to incorporate each day, but I really feel like I am being more loving towards myself, and a happy mom makes a happy family, most definitely.

OH! Nearly forgot to share! The other day I received a very surprising phone call: the marriage commissioner job I had applied on in very early October! I've been shortlisted and invited to a (group) interview next week! After I'd initially applied, I was talking to a girlfriend (who I've known since we were 3 yrs old), and she said the job would be PERFECT for me. I was flattered, but when I never heard anything weeks later, I assumed I had not been shortlisted, so you can imagine my surprise receiving the phone call last week. Very exciting.

So here it is, Saturday night, I'm just hangin' out with the kids (one is singing silly nonsense songs, the other is sharpening what he thinks is now the world's smallest pencil - LOL)... looking forward to ending the feast on Tuesday with half a dozen soaked prunes... it's been a really great experience overall, this juice feast - my skin is so clear and soft and my eyes are really vibrant and clear - SUPER clear, my hair is silky and in great shape, and yes, I'm down a fair amount of weight - ~25 lbs over the 45 days. An inter-library loan came in yesterday - David Wolfe & Shazzie's Naked Chocolate - which has only increased my desire to return to solid food. LOL Actually, it'll be a couple weeks before I endeavour to add cacao in, but it will be a lovely holiday treat. ;) I am hoping, in 2009, to do at least one 30-day juice feast, if not more than one, or a longer one. We'll see, but at least 30 days out of the next year I am really interested in juicing for.

Namaste
~n~

No comments: