09 November 2008

HUMP DAY!!!

Today marks the half-way point on my juice feast! Day 23. Another 22 days to go (I'm planning on 45 days). I cannot tell you how RELIEVED I am to be half-way. The past few days have been very challenging for me mentally. I am struggling to stay liquitarian and away from solid food, and I'm moody. A serious grumpy pants. And nobody enjoys being around someone like that. Thank goodness my children are super-unconditionally-loving and understanding.

Today, to honour myself, which has been a struggle lately, as I've been feeling some pretty serious anger towards myself (what's THAT all about I have to wonder), Today I rowed 5 kms, I did a set of tai chi, nice and slow and really really concentrated on it, I gave myself Reiki this morning for a solid half-hour, I took time to be really present while preparing my juices, asking for blessings upon the ingredients as I washed and rinsed them, and then while consuming the juices. It was a nice break from the self-berating, ranting and tirading I'd been inflicting upon myself and my surroundings. Aye-aye-aye. Or "OY" as my sister would say.

Had tea with my daughter's godmother (and namesake) this afternoon. She's in her late 80s and is perfectly delightful and I really enjoyed her visit. I nearly completely forgot about spraying the entire kitchen earlier with juice (I forgot to put the lid on the VitaMix, hit the power button, and wowee, a full half a litre of juice sprayed EVERYWHERE - all over my clothes, my face, the counter, the window, the curtain, the ceiling... Quite comical after the fact, to be sure, but in the moment, as I was trying to get out the door to go for tea, well, not so comical just then).

I have more to write about my mental struggles as of late, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow (sorry to keep you hangin') :) DS is waiting to peruse sears.com as apparently they have more toys on there than are in the Wish Book. LOL (Don't get me started on how we really don't need more toys in this house)

Just before I sign off, let me just take a moment to say that I am truly grateful for the challenges I've experienced today, for their lessons in patience, self-discipline, and self-awareness that they've brought.
Namaste,
~n~

No comments: