Things juice-wise are going very well. Day 27 today and I've had 5 very different, delicious combinations. I'm rowing every day the past 5 days (5 kms a day) and that feels great to move my body and sweat each day. Feels just great. Going to Tai Chi class tonight (missed last week) so that will be fantastic, too.
Struggling a little lately with... hmmm I've spent a few days trying to articulate this... Well, it's like I'm feeling challenged between the 'big picture' of life and the 'details' of every day living. Like, otoh, I'm asking myself, 'Who do I want to be? What do I value? What kind of person am I, and what kind of person do I want to become?', and otoh, trying to spend time contemplating those questions is being thwarted by the demands of everyday life: housework, juicing, making meals, parenting, homeschooling, etc. It's like the question is, 'How do I choose to spend my time on a daily basis?' And I guess I'm feeling challenged trying to reconcile these two lines of thought, between staying present and mindful in the moment, and giving myself time to sort out what I value in life and how I can live a life in accordance with my values. Writing the family's annual Christmas letter that goes out in the Christmas cards helped a little to see the accomplishments of the past year, and also helped me see that I have chosen to do things in alignment with my passions and interests (and therefore values): completing the 9 day cob workshop in June, the Master Composter certificate, Reiki Level 1, Tai Chi Instructor Training... all good things to have done, all in alignment with where I want to be headed in life.
A few days ago I was feeling challenged with honouring my self when I feel I am lacking resolve. How do you get yourself to exercise, or continue with the juicing, or whatever it may be that you do to honour yourself, when you're feeling less than motivated? I actually began questioning why I was even bothering with the juice feast at all, struggling to stay conscious of the benefits I've attained so far. So I made a quick list of those benefits: clearer skin, radiant eyes, weight loss, shiny hair, less gray in my hair (no kidding - I think it's from the E3Live), the huge benefits of releasing toxins that have been stored for many years (27 days = 9 years of released toxins!), and the benefits of wanting to declutter and finish unfinished projects, which in itself is HUGE. So overall, I got over these feelings (I think it was simply hormonal detoxing going on) and feel much better about things now. But it's been a week. I attribute part of it to the full-moon. :)
Well, that's all I have time for at the moment. I'll hopefully get the dial-up connection at home restored and will be able to get up-to-date in internet world soon. Have a good one.
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment