Having hard-drive problems with the computer lately (never mind the dial-up connection problems on top of that). It's a bit of a challenge, but I think everything's backed up on the external HD so if/when it does crash completely, I don't think we'll lose much. Technology, eh.
Weekend went very well juicing. Been rowing daily. Did Tai Chi outside in the misty fog this morning, surrounded by GREEN (you can't see another house from outside ours - very rural). Just beautiful. Hummingbirds flitting about, winter wrens, black-capped chickadees, the sound of the surf rolling in at the beach, the foghorns sounding on the ships coming up the Straight.
Watched a movie on crop circles on Saturday night, which I found very interesting. And another movie last night on the mystical yogis of Tibet - fascinating. My son's enjoying watching them with me, too, which is nice (to share something I'm interested in with him).
Made bread yesterday, which I always enjoy doing; there's something about making something like that from scratch, the kneading, the waiting while it rises, the delicious aroma, and that my family really enjoys the finished product! :) I also completed a large section on the cross-stitch, which felt amazing to accomplish. I mean, 11 yrs working on it, and to finally see the end in sight! Wahoo!
Working on developing an attitude of gratitude: learning to stay present and enjoy things like washing dishes (dishwasher's been broken for MONTHS) and even things that would normally annoy me - a child interrupting me in the middle of tai chi or meditation, a disagreement between siblings... these things I am now learning to use as reminder bells to stay mindful and present in my own body... to not react, but to respond with lovingkindness and compassion. And yes, it's VERY challenging to do sometimes. ;)
Anyways, that's where I'm at today. I'm going to go make some juice now. Hunger pangs. hard to ignore.
No comments:
Post a Comment