06 November 2008

Day 20

I was re-reading Angela Stokes' A Juice Feaster's Handbook (an essential resource!), and in it, she writes to expect some "big changes" around Day 20. Well, last night, I cleaned my laundry room. Might not seem like much to you, but let me tell you... it was BIG. It is also our recycling area so I sorted through all the recycling (soft pastics, cardboard) and got it all ready to leave the house on recycling day. Then, when I was through with that (and that took QUITE some time), I still had an abundance of energy, so I started cleaning... the oven. I mean... WHOA. My children wanted to know who stole their mom. Even I admitted to them it felt very strange to (a) have so much energy and (b) be interested in decluttering and cleaning my house. Very strange indeed. I tackled a few different rooms and then woke up early this morning (like, before 5 a.m.) and was up and about by 6. I made vegan organic peanut butter muffins (sounds odd but they're good) for the kids for breakfast, had the woodstove going and spent some time working on my counted needlepoint. I mean REALLY people - what more evidence do you NEED that life changes are happening around here?!?!? LMAO Let me put it in perspective. I began this particular counted cross-stitch in Dec 1997. Over a DECADE ago. Mind you, it's a very large and complicated piece, and in the intervening years there has been grad school, children arriving, life... so it's not like I work on it regularly. In fact, I can't even recall the last time I pulled it out. But all of a sudden, as I'm detoxing my body here, I have this insatiable need to start decluttering my house, to finish unfinished projects. It's probably not surprising to most people, but it is very very strange to have such a strong desire to clean/declutter arise in me. LOL I spent time doing Reiki this morning and it is very centering and grounding an really gives a good intention for the day.

THEN... we're over at Grampa's and a little wren flies into the window and is, seemingly, departed on the ground below. He goes out to see and it is not; he holds it in his hands to warm it up, help it shake off the shock, and I gave it Reiki, and within minutes, it flied off on its own. Heart-warming, especially on Grampa's birthday. :)

So yes, extended family are here - 10 of us in all for dinner - only I'll be having a litre of juice. Celery, fennel, lime, rainbow chard, cucumber, arugula, ginger, pear, apple, and carrot, with E3Live, to be precise. It's an odd combination, I know. I juiced the first three together, then the next three, then the last four, then mixed them all together (possibly not the greatest idea; I'm only beginning to grasp the concept of "simple combinations" LOL but I have not yet warmed up to the possibility of green juices without SOME kind of fruit in them). Still, the juice feast, here on day 20, is going fantastically well, and although I do *think* of food occasionally, that's all it is. A fleeting thought. I am looking forward to making some raw pasta with a nice tomatoey sauce or pesto after this is all over (maybe over the holidays), or a nut burger with portobello 'bun' and jicama fries and some raw ketchup... mmmmm..... but for now, that will all have to wait. 'Cuz I'm full of energy, I'm in a frightfully hilarious mood, and I'm a juicing FIEND, my friend.

Peace.
Out.

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

lol juice fiend ! good post nic