I had a post from Day 6, but something was up with Blogger that day so I'll have to post it later when I get a chance. So today's Day 8 and I am really into the swing of thing with juicing. I have had 3L of juices today and 1L of water and I have another L of juice prepared for dinner already. I am working on sourcing affordable, organic greens and will start growing sprouts at home as I have everything I need for that already. But everything's going really well overall. People look at me like I have three heads when they see me drinking out of a mason jar and when I tell them I'm on a cleanse/juice feast, but I'm not letting strange looks bother me. ;)
I'm really starting to get a sense of... well, it's hard to describe. A few months ago, during tai chi class, I had this moment of awareness where I saw everyone in the class as their skeletons. (Sounds weird, I know) It was this thought of "Wow, underneath whatever we look like on the outside of our bodies, we ALL have the same internal structure! And when doing tai chi, I can really see now how we are working to maintain the flexibility and health of our bodies." It was a really powerful insight for me and stayed with me for many days. Well, now I am starting to feel... not like a skeleton, for I'm no where near that thin, LOL, but more like I simply have an awareness that I'm no longer a plus-size person, I'm no longer obese. I have a real sense of my skeletal structure, of how it supports me. It's no longer covered with as many extra inches. And that is a huge change in my self-perception, as you can imagine.
Today's juices:
Juice#1 (1L) - yam, carrot, apple, ginger, cinnamon
Juice #2 (2L) - chard, celery, carrot, apple, pear, ginger
Juice #3 (1L) - spinach, celery, carrot, apple, ginger, lime
(Wow, that's carrot/apple/ginger in each one. But the ginger is soooooo nice this time of year when the weather is cooling off, especially with the cooling, cleansing effect of the greens on the body.)
Oh, and the herbal supplement Cascara Sagrada has a VERRRRRRYYYYY strong effect on my body. WOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEE.
'nuff said. ;)
To Your Health,
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment