07 September 2008

Raw Food in Victoria...

Angela's coming to town! Angela Stokes (www.rawreform.com) is coming to Victoria - Wednesday September 17th, 7-9 p.m. at Cafe Bliss on Pandora (next to Mo:Le). Angela is a British raw foodist who lost an amazing amount of weight and achieved radiant health on raw foods. No ticket necessary; $10 at the door.

Speaking of Cafe Bliss, the kids & I headed down there yesterday. It was very enjoyable. The atmosphere is simplistically beautiful (I especially loved the skylights allowing daylight in) and the food was deeeelicious. The kids had the daily special smoothie (apricot, banana, and almond mylk?) and I had a Berry Green (orange, banana, blueberry, spinach). The kids also had a kids' plate with some of the most delicious flax crackers I've yet tried - tasted cinnamony with cranberries in them. I had a Sombrio salad (marinated kale, kelp, arugula, cucumber, daikon radish, grated carrot, red onion, and fresh ginger, marinated shitakes and cashews with a orange/miso dressing). The salad was really good - the fresh ginger was JUST the right touch. More importantly, watching them prepare your food, it was clearly evident they were being mindful and loving towards the food and it really came through in the taste of the food. It looked beautiful, it tasted beautiful, and was infused with love. Check it out at www.cafebliss.com at 556 Pandora in Victoria.

No comments: