07 September 2008

Happy Grandparents' Day!

Did you even know that the first Sunday after Labour Day is celebrated as Grandparents' Day? A few years ago we found out and my ds made a little book for each of his grandparents, drawing pictures of things he enjoyed doing with each of them (playing soccer with Grandpa, playing board games with Grammy). This year he decided to buy them chocolates and make them a card. It was very sweet as he picked out two of each flavour of chocolates at the store and asked the clerk to gift-wrap them for his Grammy & Grampa. I bet they will very happy to receive their gift later today. He is also going to make them dinner - Annie's organic whole wheat shells & org white cheddar sauce (Bunny Pasta; aka. the much healthier version of Kraft Dinner). Bunny Pasta is a favourite meal of my kids; I usually add a variety of vegetables to it - cut up red pepper, peas, diced carrots - whatever's around.

For me, Grandparents' Day is a good day to reflect on just how much support I get from both my parents and my in-laws. Always there for me, always supportive. They will jump at the chance to see their grandchildren and get snuggles and I really REALLY appreciate all they do for us. They are excellent role models, all 4 of 'em, and we are very blessed to have them in our lives. And no, I'm not brown-nosing. None of 'em read my blog. LOL

Happy Grandparents' Day to all the grandparents out there.

Namaste,
~n~

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

lmao none of them read your blog =)
HA! That's hilarious because its true