27 April 2012

Work much?!

This is me, drowning under the virtual paperwork.  Taxes, magazine article, newsletter, homeschooling annual reviews to complete, and raw food orders to deliver.  And here it is, 11 p.m., and I'm baking cookies.  Why?!  No, not because I'm the Queen of Procrastination (although that's a valid assumption).  No, it's because in about 10 hours I am putting on an Open House/Demo for Tai Chi, and I mentioned to my class that it would be nice to have snacks.  So I'm just doing my part; making goodies for the snack table (hoping others have done the same).

Never mind I should be writing notes as I actually have to do some public speaking at the event - talking a little about the history of the society, a little about the health benefits, names of some of the moves, that kinda thing.  I've only spoken once during a demo, and that was a couple years ago, and my speaking was peppered with "uhhhs". 

For what it's worth, I did get *something* done today: magazine article.  Confession: I actually wrote the majority of it a couple weeks ago in anticipation of said deadline.  So really it was a quick edit and off it went.  Maybe I just expect to get too much done in one day.  Unrealistic expectations, me?!  LOL  I just keep telling myself if you want something done, ask someone who's busy.  And that *must* be me, because I feel busy.  So I *must* be able to get all this done, without dropping any balls, all within the deadlines.  *must*

2 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

And did you get it all done? (Why do you do that to yourself?!!! LOL)

~n~ said...

article complete.
homeschooling annual reviews complete (6 hrs later; yeesh!).

still have to finish taxes, draft newsletter, and finish raw food deliveries (which are all organized; will do majority tomorrow). should be fine; not stressing too much. aiming for tuesday evening to have it all done.

by then the house should be a mess. ;)