10 March 2012

Learning to Tango...

I think it's really interesting, having been in a relationship for more than a decade and a half now, how much growth there is. It's not stagnant at all. Learning to communicate, to be in relationship, is amazing, hard, ongoing work. It takes two, and it feels like we're learning to dance. I step on his toes so often (or my own, hampering my own progress) that it feels like I haven't a clue how to do it, but somehow, fumbling along, it works. It's blissful to be in relationship, to dance the dance of two. I so appreciate the growth I've experienced as a result and am so grateful for the opportunity for everything it brings. That we have diverse interests and yet still come together and enjoy each other's company. That we support each other as best we can, failing at times, succeeding at other times. I love when he makes me laugh. I appreciate that his is the shoulder I can always cry on. I love that he continues to love me, continues to share his life with me. Such is the dance of relationship. Sharing life together, learning to remain open to Love.

Thank-you, dh! I love you!

No comments: