06 February 2012

month 2, day 5 - 2012 fast

Wow, I've been pretty productive already today, and the day's only half-done! I gathered up all the recycling (6 blue bags and one bin!) and put it out - it was more than usual because I also broke down all the cardboard boxes that were piling up in the laundry room (funny how that kinda thing creeps up on you and next thing you know your laundry room looks like something off of Hoarders: Buried Alive, LMAO).

I fixed the outer chicken pen fence, which has had a couple holes in it for about 4 months now. The hens (& rooster) were sooooooo happy to get back into that pen! So funny how an animal that some people insist has a tiny brain really does communicate happiness. Makes me happy to be a vegan. ;)

Went up to the neighbour's (while she was out taking dd to dance class along with her own dd), took the chainsaw and bucked up a tree that had fallen across her driveway in the wind a couple weeks ago. Took less than half an hour and ds & I cleared away all the branches. I'm always nervous using the chainsaw (especially alone which is why I dragged ds along) but took along the first aid kit (just in case, LOL, b/c you know if you have it you won't need it, but if you DON'T have it handy, you'll inevitably need it)... So got that done...

Did some computer errands and also some light housework (more to do, of course). Got a parcel all packed up and ready to mail, so will send that off shortly.

Very productive. Not sure if it's because the sun is shining (feels very spring-like outside!) or because I'm fasting. Who cares; I'm getting things done! LOL

Enjoy your day!!

No comments: