Wow, what a week. Yesterday was the peak of it all, emotionally, with the funeral service. It was a nice service, lots of friends and family - the church was full - and lots of socializing afterwards. So nice to see all the family & friends (especially those who travelled *long* distances to be there), despite the circumstances. It was a gorgeous sunny day, too. Beautiful.
I *so* needed a good night's sleep after a week of emotionally holding it together. Finally home at 10:40 last night, a hot bath and a super-comfy bed were calling my name.
Today is day 4 already of fasting. Hump day. Doing well so far; it's a pretty intense experience fasting during a time of emotional upheaval as well. Good grief. My husband's aunt went vegan 3 wks ago and said I was her inspiration. I'm honoured that she would say that and wish her well as she gains a higher level of health.
Today the house smells of (vegan) baked beans that are cooking in a low oven all day, and later the kids and I are making a batch (~3 dz) cinnamon buns. Most will go in the freezer for another day; it's been a VERY long time since we've baked cinnamon buns, so it's definitely not an 'all the time' thing around here. The chicks are doing very well outside under the heat lamp, but I haven't yet let them out into their adjoining pen; I figure another 2 weeks before that happens! We'll see. Still too cold (& damp), February on the 'wet' coast.
Life is really, super awesomely good. Happy kids, happy pets, good solid intimate relationship, supportive family and friends, roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies and food in our bellies. Life is grand!
No comments:
Post a Comment