I started this month's juice/smoothie fast a day late because of my birthday. I had hoped to go downtown to the raw food cafe and have a meal down there (on my birthday), but there was a death in the family (the day before) so unfortunately the whole week has been subdued with grieving (and sleeplessness for some).
but we soldier on, as it were... So yesterday I started this month's fast. I didn't have any bananas at home, so no smoothies (boo!) but instead made do with kombucha, herbal (nettle) tea, and a couple glasses of fresh orange and grapefruit juice (soooooooo good!). Today, once again having bananas around, I had 2.5L of green smoothie, another 1c of spirulina/sprout smoothie and a glass of orange juice as well.
Today I moved the baby chicks outside (well, they're more than 3 wks old now and nearly fully-feathered). They're still under their heat lamp but are out in the chicken pen now, in their makeshift coop. I will be checking on them often overnight to make sure they're warm enough; I'm sure they'll be fine. :) I guess you can say we're truly empty-nesters now that we don't have chicks in the kitchen anymore! LOL
1 comment:
nyuk nyuk! terrible =P
Hope tomorrow goes ok for you all. Be a tough day. Will be thinking of you all.
Post a Comment