I haven't posted because I've been busy these days... two mornings a week I'm volunteering/working on a local organic farm (mostly weeding, but the other day I was laying out drip irrigation hoses) - in exchange for organic produce! - and another two mornings a week I'm teaching a tai chi class. I'm also trying to fit in my daily exercise: a 45 minute (9 km) row on my Concept2. And then there's parenting, keeping house, helping my son with his cleaning job at the community hall, appointments and errands, gardening and yardwork around here...
I was doing well, watching my nutritional intake, and then one day the kids and I made pizza from scratch for dinner and I decided to have a couple pieces. *big* mistake as my body simply cannot tolerate wheat. But sometimes it takes a while for me to *learn* these lessons (the smell of fresh baked bread does *nothing* for my resolve). So now I'm trying to get back into the groove of being mindful in regards to my food... and it's not always easy.
I'm also organizing a couple homeschooling fieldtrips right now, and that's always a little... complicated, with people backing out at the last minute and trying to fill those spots and so on... I'm *hoping* the four fieldtrips run smoothly! ;)
That's really about it around here... I'm *loving* working on the farm (my kids come along with me, the farmer is my age (early 30s) and female and has kids of her own, and there are other females who also work there, so it's some awesome women-connect time, too), and would happily spend more time there if I could fit it in, but I also want to respect the balance I've created in my life - a little of this, a little of that... so for now, I'll honour that balance and limit myself to two half-days a week. Besides, it leaves me time for my daughter's 'beach parties' on the deck! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment