12 May 2011

pOsiTiVe tHinKiNg

I came across a bunch of LOA stuff, how what we put out into the world (yes, even those unverbalized thoughts) ends up manifesting into reality. Then I re-read the last post and began to wonder why I'm *creating* this for myself.

I'm still trying to hold on to the LOA thinking as I mentally decompress after what was a rather exacberating morning. We went through multiple road construction areas on a morning when I had to be at an appointment. I hadn't planned on having to stop quite so many times and was kinda stressed getting there in a timely manner. I had previously agreed to meet up with my parents 30 mins after my appointment (I'd booked the appointment what I thought was early enough to make both timings nicely). My mother phones 20 mins early and wants to bump up the timing, because it fit her schedule better. It didn't really work for me to fit her in earlier than we'd planned. So while I was in at my appointment, they came by, exchanged pleasantries with the children, and were gone before I finished my appointment! I never did see them! Granted, the practitioner I was seeing was 40 mins behind schedule, which yes, made *me* 10 mins late for our appointed meeting time, but *still*, my parents are ReTiReD - doesn't that mean they have 10 mins to spare in their day? Apparently not. grumble grumble grumble I *did* mention to the practitioner that waiting that long wasn't so fantastic, and he did apologize, but that didn't negate the fact that it all ended up inconveniently botched. And *why* did I create that for myself?!? :P

Oh well. We're home. It's sunny. The kids are blowing bubbles and jumping on the trampoline. The laundry's on the line. The chickens are all sunning themselves around the yard. The dog's having a nap and snoring softly. Everything *in this moment* is right with the world. :D

I came across this awesome woodland house site. I flitted around the site last night and spent time pondering what the new age will bring... how the economy and our lives must change for us to make the transition into the next era. What things can we hold onto? What must we let go of?

It's a fascinating time we live in. This is where my thoughts are on it right now... I think it would be awesome for people to have access to land, to be able to grow a lot of their own foods organically (grains, legumes, veggies, fruits), have the skills to produce any meat they wish to consume, if any at all (fishing, raising animals for meat), being able to provide for their own energy consumption (sustainable harvesting from a woodlot, solar energy, wind energy, geothermal, or microhydro), living in communion with nature (rainwater harvesting, grey water systems, composting toilets and composting in general, solar hot water, line drying clothes, etc., etc., etc.). Yes, obviously, building your own home and growing your own food - taking ultimate responsibility for meeting your own needs as much as is possible - means *time* and that means you'll have less time for your mainstream job as it exists right now. I don't think this is necessarly a bad thing - I think Western society will change drastically in the next century. We'll probably work at meaningful employment as much as is necessary only to meet our sparing financial needs, not because being wealthy will be the motivator, but because freedom to do as we choose with our lives will be the motivator. LoVe will be the motivator. Love of life, love of nature, love of choice and each other. Having the time to learn together, to play together, will trump any desire to have the newest technological gadget or the fastest, newest car or the biggest house or what have you.

As far as transportation, I forsee bicycles, horses (and my experience there is embarassingly limited), public transportation - use of these alternatives as much as possible to the single family vehicle... Supporting the local economy (trading skills, bartering, and local currencies, among other alternatives... I admit, I'm not very well-read on alternative economic systems just yet)... These are the ways I can see society headed in the next century. It's not that we'll shun our current reliance on technology, I don't think. But I think we (as a society) have to move away from this mindless conumeristic attitude - the having to have the newest gadget to be cool thinking.

I am worthy and loveable, even if I'm wearing an old, stained organic cotton and bamboo t-shirt and sweatpants that are equally well-worn (I don't need the latest fashions to be worthy). I am loveable even though my hair's not coloured and I don't wear make-up (Natural beauty is incomparable to a false image). I am loveable even though I don't have the latest cell phone or the largest TV availble or even though I'm on dial-up internet and even though I don't have bottles of soda pop and processed packaged foods or brand name much of *anything* in my home. I don't need those things to be worthy of being loved.

Until we, as a society, can wake up from the "excess" we're so attached to, well, it might be a harder transition for us if we can't let go.

Let go and Let God/Goddess.

No comments: