07 April 2011

It's a good thing

...to lead a drama-free life, except that it means I'm left scratching my head, wondering what to share.

Things have been... uneventful this week. It's been pouring rain, and now it's beautiful and sunny (albeit cold; the stars overnight were beautiful but it was bordering on frosty this morning). I'm *finally* catching up on computer related 'errands' that have been postponed again and again (can you say *long* overdue library books?!).

I'm reading some really interesting books right now (yes, the overdue ones, LOL)... I just finished re-reading Vladimir Megre's Anastasia of the Ringing Cedar series, and I'm actually reading the Idiot's Guide to 2012 as well as another 2012 book by John Major Jenkins. And then there's one called Global Shift, about the changes in consciousness being experienced during these times. And I'm *LOVING* Thich Naht Hanh's (sorry if I spelled that wrong) book about creating joyous community. Absolutely LOVING that book and realizing how far I have to go towards mindfulness. A very humbling read. And still very inspiring.

I'm also preparing for our community craft fair this weekend. My son is selling his birdhouses he makes (and bee and bat houses) and my daughter has fleece baby blankets she's made. I've got raw food goodies: curry nori sticks, pizza crusts and flax crackers, raw muesli, and sprouted trail mix, tamari almonds and oatmeal raisin cookies and kale chips. The dehydrator's going full tilt this week! And the beauty part is, if I don't sell it all, that's alright! I'll have raw food already made for later!

The kids and I went on a nice bike ride last night. You have to be careful, though, as some people drive pretty darn fast on the main road around here and the gravel shoulders are hard to bike on. Usually we just bike around the provincial campground and back but it's nice to go somewhere different for a change.

The kids are both doing great. They're laughing and giggling (as they should be) on the trampoline, out in the sunshine right now. They make up all kinds of games and creative play. It's wonderful to watch. I'm gonna get out there and enjoy that sunshine, too!

No comments: