God, help me see outside of my self.
Make me worthy of your blessings, and may I serve you for a purpose greater than that of which I can conceive of.
Ya, a lot of navel-gazing going on around here. A lot of wondering aloud about the impact on the family of moving, time spent looking at the things not finished around here and in my life in general, lamenting their incomplete state, rather than appreciating their beauty as it is. *sigh*
And so to get out of this head-space, I'll think about what went *right* today:
I had a lovely time talking with the other mamas while the children swam today. I am very grateful for their companionship and friendship.
I had a wonderful adjustment at the chiropractor after. And a great conversation with him about how we (in western society) assume that 'aging' means losing mobility and flexibility, and yet this doesn't have to be the case at all. Preventative health care is one way of extending our life expectancy, one aspect of self-care and a way of choosing health over disease.
dh came home after a week away. distance sure does make the heart grow fonder. :)
Had a great conversation with my fil about the possibility of moving. he's a wonderful sounding board, and wise, too.
The chickens are all safe and sound (we lost one to a raccoon last week) and they are all behaving very well about going to bed on time. They're very cooperative about going inside at dusk now, and I appreciate this very much, rather than waiting until well after dark before locking them in.
I am very very grateful for my tai chi practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment