09 February 2011

Moving Forward

I feel like I'm making good progress outside. I've spent a couple hours each day for the past four days out there, pulling the Scotch Broom. (you should see the bonfire pile!) I've cleared our boulevard on one side of our driveway - it's about 50 feet long and about 10 feet wide. Well, nearly cleared. I uncovered a volunteer holly tree/bush that's about 4 feet tall and in good shape. There's a couple cedars, pines, and firs along there as well. I have a plan for moving forward now that the broom's cleared: lay down a double layer of cardboard (so the broom, salal, and salmon berries don't come back with a vengeance), then lay some chicken manure on mixed with the dirt (of which I have plenty in the yard). Purchase some cedar hedging and plant those - I may need 10 trees I think. Then I'd like to plant some rosemary or lavender in front of those and then wildflower mix in the ditch. That's the plan.

It's been so sunny that I've been taking advantage of the sunshine and have put aside indoor tasks such as cleaning, any kind of computer work, preparing for dd's birthday party, etc. Apparently it's supposed to rain this weekend so I'll have time to catch up then, perhaps.

Feeling blessed,
~n~

No comments: