22 January 2011

Saturday

Started the day with some quiet meditative time (*bliss*) and half an hour of tai chi. Then while dd was at her ballet class this morning (which is held at a rec ctr) I did half an hour on the rowing machine there. It felt great to get it done early in the day, and although I never seem to want to sit down and exercise, I always feel better for having done it. Ain't that always the way, LOL!

OH! And my first batch of kombucha was put into jars today and wow oH WOW!!!! It is Deeeeeeeelicious!!! (Even dd thought it was alright! LOL) I added 2T of Knudsen's black cherry juice to each jar, which made it very very good. I have 6 x 500ml jars in the fridge, and another batch of kombucha already started! Very exciting!!! :D

We picked up a seed catalogue (for West Coast Seeds) at the garden store and oh my - the remaining fruit trees were 50% off! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! (I really shouldn't be allowed in garden centres, LOL) So we came home with a dwarf nectarine (one of my FAVOURITE fruits), a Montmorency Cherry (my daughter's favourite), and a Fuyu Persimmon (have you ever had raw persimmon 'cheesecake'?!? mmm mmm good). I *may* return and pick up a Quince tree. Oh, and about 8 packets of seeds... mostly leafy greens. ;) Now I'm sitting here, drooling over the seed catalogue. I'm such a poorly-organized gardener, though. I just throw seeds in and hope for the best, send them Reiki, but really don't come back to tend to them often enough. I'm a social gardener. I prefer gardening with someone. Someone to talk to, chat with... (ya, I know. I'm an introvert, for sure, and here I want to garden *with* someone?!? confusing, I know.) It's true, though. And I guess I need to spend more time *planning* the garden out - the crop rotations, and when to seed and that kinda thing. But truly, I'd love to have a beautiful, productive garden each year. I just don't spend enough time in it at the moment, building it, caring for it. Me bad. :P

So for now, I'm just drooling over the catalogue, dreaming that I'll get my act together enough to make it all happen (and stop being such an Aquarian, thinking far into the future and instead needing to focus on the baby steps I'll need to take to create that future)...

Happily dreaming of green thumbs and garden plots!!!
~n~

No comments: