my (well, 'our' - we have 3 aquarians in our household, lol) weekly horoscope:
Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)
The next few weeks are a wonderful time for unexpected financial opportunities for you. Some of you might have a real windfall. Meanwhile, back at the bank, you're focused on shared property, inheritances, taxes, debt, and anything you own jointly with others. This is a good time to wrap up loose details in old matters. The New Moon this week is your best chance all year to ponder how to best tackle these issues. But more than that, it is also the best time to think about how your values differ from the values of others, and how you can learn to live with those differences! Aagghhh! (Kill me with a spoon.) This can be challenging.
WHEEEEEEE!!!! Bring on the unexpected financial windfalls!!! And ya, I'll get right on that - looking after the loose ends on the shared financial matters. It's on the to-do list!!!! Seriously, I was getting to it! :P Oh, but the bigger life questions this horoscope demands of us!!! Yeesh! How am I honestly supposed to live with people who value different things than I do?!? I mean, REALLY. Why can't everyone just succumb to my way of thinking/living?!? I am right, after all. (jk jk JK) alright, alright, I'll think about accepting other people's values and beliefs as equal to my own. I'll try. ;)
The funniest thing that comes to mind is our incongruent plans for retirement: dh says he wants to go on cruises - like 90 and 120 day cruises - and then spend a month at each adult child's home, and then go on another lengthy cruise - and so on... Me? I get seasick (and I can`t imagine dropping on on our adult children & their families/lives for a month at a time!). I think I'd rather live in a little cob cottage on an organic farm and grow my own food and be active in my local community and just live lightly on the earth and have my family (including our children!) and friends nearby and enjoy the connection to Spirit and the land... practicing Reiki, eating raw, travelling by bike & bus, and being active, visiting with our children regularly, and so on. So you tell me - how on EARTH do we compromise and accept the other's 'different values'?! I think it's pretty obvious from just this much information that we have different values - add a "financial windfall" into that and it is going to bring these "different values" to the forefront of discussion, no doubt.
you know, i'm sure i could've waited to settle down (i was only 20, after all, lol) and first of all, done some soul searching and 'found my self' before attempting to find a life partner who shared the same values and beliefs as myself. I've seen others travel that path, and sometimes I find myself a little envious of them, admittedly - no discussions with their partner about which lengthy retirement cruise to go on, for example, or even if I want to go in the first place, lol. But that's not the path I've chosen in this lifetime. No, I chose someone with different values from those I grew into (I say grew into because at 20, I was really not certain of 'who I was' and where I wanted to go in life, and I think I've changed considerably since our relationship began) - and actually, that's something that adds to our relationship, having different values does. Oh sure, sometimes it's cause for disagreement, but often it's also a chance for personal growth - for accepting others' different values & beliefs as equal to one's own - and that's what this New Moon is offering. I can see that. It's a blessing. :)
(kinda unrelated, but funny: we heard an interview clip of Kurt Cobain on the radio today - about how the 10 yrs of being a struggling musician were better than the fame and fortune of stardom. About how being on the cusp was where it's at, was the cat's meow. The kids & I discussed this - about how so often wanting something (like more money) is better than actually having it (the financial windfall mentioned above). Until I said to my son, "Like Lego - wanting more is better than having more." and he replied, "ya, well, that's where he was wrong.")
No comments:
Post a Comment