15 May 2010

*BLESSED*

Feeling VERY blessed as of late. Today we had an absolutely GORGEOUS sunny day - 21 Celsius (~72F)... we went to the 'change of command' parade for my husband's military reserve unit. It was outdoors in a beautiful setting, if I described it as a grassy oceanside meadow, that hardly describes it well enough at all, and yet it gives you a faint idea... the parade went off flawlessly and I very much enjoyed it all.

Thursday we'd gone into the city to meet my parents for a quick visit (lunch @ a mall food court; and if you're wondering how one eats raw vegan at a mall food court, well, it's not easy, lol) - afterwards the kids and I (& dog) went to two different viewpoints in the city - one we drove up to, the other we hiked to, then we went out of the city to the beach and hiked along the beach, through a forested park with an absolutely perfect pond & creek, and back to the car along the country lanes. It was FANTASTIC! Absolute bliss.

Friday the kids and I hiked around a local lake. It's 5 kms 'round; we took the puppy (one year old now) and had her off-leash: midweek there aren't many people using that particular park trail - she greets others rather energetically, and some 'non-doggy people' take offence to her vivaciousness sometimes, so I've been hesitant to take her off-leash in well-used areas. She was awesome with the few other dogs she met and she's really a sweet dog to have around. We took her to her 'birthday party' last weekend - I can't remember if I'd shared that - another beautiful sunny day on a pebble beach, throwing sticks for the 4 dogs into the ocean waves.

Yes, my life is truly blessed. I've enjoyed many wonderful days lately in the brilliant sun - cradled by Nature, in the company of my awesome children and dog... hiking, gardening, just playing. I've had some heart-to-heart conversations with good friends and overall, life is just... grand.

A grand co-creation. That's my life! :D (Sounds rather Pollyanna-ish, eh? Reminds me, I was asked some time ago to post pics of my local haunts - I ought to get on with that! But I *am*, after all, on island time; hoping you understand! lol)

And yours? How's your life going?

No comments: