LOOOOOOOOVE that we're celebrating Equinox this weekend... the moving towards light, towards summer... I absolutely LOVE spring. New growth on plants, baby lambs romping through the fields, daffodils and birdsong at dawn. It all just calls me forth outside, which is soooooo much appreciated after winter (if you can even call what we just had winter; it was hardly a typical winter in terms of weather - far drier and warmer than normal). Nonetheless, let's celebrate Equinox this weekend! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!
i slept "normally" for the first time last night in almost a week. it was nice; rejuvenative 'though I still awoke twice briefly during the night. What was super nice was getting up at 7ish instead of closer to 10. That's a bit late in the morning for me. I enjoy waking up, listening to the morning songs of the many spring birds, waking up before the children, having those morning hours to soak in Reiki and set a peaceful loving intention for the day.
And it was a busy day. ds is nearing his belt test for aikido and was asked to come in for extra training with Sensei. he's *super* anxious about the belt test (to the point of tears) which is possibly going to happen Monday evening. So if you're able to, sending him calm vibes (& some reiki) between 6 & 7 will help tremendously. Hopefully he just remembers to breeeeeeathe. :) We had a bit of a son-mama day, getting several errands done around town. He got a super-cute haircut, and we picked up more blanket material for dd. I'm very grateful to have had the time with him today - it's nice to just hang alone with him sometimes. I got to thinking that if he takes this belt test Monday we ought to do something nice for him - some treat just for him. Not sure that we can afford a meal out, but we ought to do something. I'll have to talk to dh & come up with an idea. He's worked hard for the past 15 months towards this step; it's a big accomplishment.
I began reading the kids a couple Beverly Cleary books at piano lessons the other day. To dd I started reading "Beezus & Ramona" and to ds "Henry Huggins". I like that the characters mix between the books; in Beezus & Ramona Henry and his dog Ribsy come to play checkers at the girls' house one day. We're also in the midst of reading Enid Blyton's "The Strange Ruby" or something like that, which is also very enjoyable. But what I'm most looking forward this week are my interlibrary loans of books 4, 5 & 6 from the Ringing Cedars series arriving. More Anastasia! YAY!!!
Has anyone heard anything about the Alice in Wonderland movie that's in theatres right now? Is it appropriate for 6 yr olds? I've heard it's more appropriate for the 9 yr old than the 6 yr old. What about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Also geared more for the 9 yr old? But if you've seen it (or know someone who has), would it be appropriate for a 6 yr old? I have enjoyed taking the kids to the Veggietales movies that have come into theatres in the past (not because of the Christian biblical messages, but more for the moral and ethical messages; they're movies with VALUES). I think the last movie we saw was Disney Earth (the National Geographic/documentary style movie); we don't go often to the theatre - maybe once a year. So I want to make our annual trip worthwhile. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment