20 February 2010

innnnnnspiration!

WOW!!! What a fantastic day! I lounged this morning, finished playing Canada-opoly with the kids (we started last night). But the sunshine was tooooooo good to pass up, so outside we headed. I cleared brush - and my GOODNESS, an acre is a whole lot of brush to clear (it's brambles and salmon berries and blackberries - some are okay, sure, but not this much)! I did maybe a 5' square patch in an hour and a half. but still, still, feeling good about the progress, despite its apparent minuteness upon standing back and examining the whole scene. Ohhh, the sun felt good and it felt sooo good to be out doing yardwork (but she confesses it would've been a lot more fun with hubby).
Then the kids and the neighbour and her kids (and I) all went down to the beach. You know, it's funny. We live sooooooo close to the ocean, to two beautiful beaches, and admittedly, I hardly ever go down to them. We are absolutely so blessed to have this beauty around us, too. (You can hear the waves rolling in from inside our home, even though we don't enjoy an ocean view, which is nice) So we went to the beach and chatted in the late afternoon sun while the kids played in the sand. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

One thing my friend and I talked about was avenues of possible income to investigate. Yes, I'm whole-heartedly and very gratefully inviting Reiki into my life, going to build a sustainable Reiki practice. I'm also going to be selling flax crackers, kale chips, apple rings and banana chips at the upcoming local spring craft fair. Add to that raw food coaching and classes and I think I'm on a roll. We've agreed that she (also a homeschooling mama) will take my kids one or two days a week so I can focus on business-stuff and I will reciprocate so she can get a house-cleaning business going, too. Win-win-win (our kids get along fabulously).

But I'll just say that I hate the business side of things. I hate promoting myself and all that. I'd much rather enjoy the doing and let someone else handle the appointment-making and money-tracking and paperwork. Alas, it'll be up to me to make it all happen in the short-term.

I'm quite inspired this evening! Anyone know how to do up a business plan?!

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

Why do you hate promoting yourself? You have so much to offer people, so much to teach them. How else will they find you? Those are GREAT avenues for you to explore, and the wonderful thing is they MEAN something to you. Just don't undervalue them, or ignore/ discredit the financial rewards. My reiki master reflexology friend has a rewarding home business offering reflexology and reiki. I should connect you with her for advice. (What do you need a business plan for?)