13 February 2010

I'm baaaaaaaack....

Phew, that week went by fast! I guess I have a lot going on, or maybe as dh says, I'm just not good at prioritizing and making the most of my time. LOL (a bit of both, she says hopefully?, though admits there's been a couple days lounging in jammies all day)
This week, an amaaaaaaaaazing book fell into my hands: Anastasia, by Vladimir Megre. Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyy GOODNESS, if you only ever read one more book in your entire life, please please PLEASE let it be this one. I shan't spoil it by saying any more, but please do let me know if/when you've read it and what you thought of it. wow Wow WOW!!!!! so TOTALLY inspiring and mind-opening. Even my eldest loved (parts of) it - (he doesn't know but I edited some parts out as I was reading aloud.) We have requested the next two books in the Ringing Cedars series through interlibrary loans; hopefully they arrive in the next couple weeks.

Another book I'm really enjoying is Marianne Williamson's A Woman's Worth. Not as spell-binding as Anastasia, but still, a very VERY good book and its message is really inspiring...

Along with Greg Mortenson's Three Cups of Tea, these books have all been so incredibly amazing, and I recognize that they've each been placed in my hands at this point in my life because I needed to heed their messages, and I'm so very grateful for the powerful messages each author shares.

Big, BIG news in my life (its relevance to you may or may not be 'capital B' *big*, LOL): I am nearing the end of the process towards my Reiki Master/Teacher training. I haven't shared with many people that I was working towards it, but I feel ready now (and very excited) to share this news with others, and I'm getting amazing support from dh to move forward with my Reiki practice, to actively being a Reiki practitioner. Within a month I am hoping to complete my training, and let the Path unfold!!! Around the holidays, dh shared with me that his life has become so amazingly rich and blessed the past year and a half through our relationship... and it made me really wonder what changed for him over the past eighteen months in how he viewed the relationship, and then I realized two *HUGE* life changes *I* had made: committing to raw living vegan foods (from a vegan diet for two years prior, previous to which I'd been eating SAD foods), and beginning the journey of opening myself to Reiki... beginning my training. Reiki has opened my mind up to consciously living the principles, which I think, has perhaps helped me (hopefully) become more compassionate and self-aware and kind-hearted... at least, that's what dh articulated he felt had changed in me... Long ago, I used to lament that dh wouldn't 'change his ways', choices he was making that I judged were not allowing him to express his Truth, his Shining Light, weren't in congruence with the vision I had for my partner... the journey from vegan to raw vegan and learning and living the tenets of Reiki have allowed me to see that it's not about him at all, it's my own journey, my own healing. I've learned to release judgments towards his behaviour, and see his Shining Light, regardless of the choices he's making or behaviour he's expressing in that moment... I try to always hold a sacred space open for him to just "be" with me, wherever he's at on his journey, to accept him as he is, (and to accept myself as I am), and I think that's been huge for us, for our relationship. Reiki. It's been a wonderful journey so far!! :D

And in not-so-Big news, I have realized that wearing my hair in a ponytail nearly constantly the past, oh, decade, has been really bad for my hair. I *did* notice some rather extreme thinning start a couple years ago, but at the time figured it was a deficiency in my diet (ohhhhhh how naiive)... little did I realize the elastics were so damaging to my hair. So this week, after being guided to this realization, I've made myself wear my hair down for days on end. Yes, it's been a *huge* change for me, having my hair down all day. Seems like such a simple thing, yet it's really drastic for me, having my hair 'in my face'.

I've also really enjoyed some wheatgrass the past few days. I've juiced up a couple ounces and made a smoothie with it, and mmmmmmmm, is it ever delicious! There are two smells I really adore (among many others, but these two come to mind): wheatgrass and ground coffee beans (but not the smell of the brewed coffee - blech). I would *love* to surround myself with the aroma of freshly-juiced wheatgrass more often... and I am *so* grateful that our neighbour/friend blessed me with about 7c of wheat berries - enough for about 6 trays of wheatgrass!!! I've got some soaking right now. YIPPEE!!

Blessings to you this drizzly Saturday!
~namaste~

2 comments:

Haylee said...

I wish I'd read your blog before I went out to the bookstore last night. Anastasia sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Now I have to wait until I get paid again. :( I bought two other books that seem to be good, though I haven't gotten into them very far just yet. One is called "Trance-portation: learning to navigate the inner world" and has a lot to do with shamanic meditations and things of that nature. The other is called, "Living on Purpose: straight answers to life's tough questions" and is very interactive. I'll let you know how I like them.

~n~ said...

wow, Haylee, i'm totally excited about "trance-portation". i'll have to check that out.

i confess i haven't bought a book in a long long time. i'm a "heavy user"... of the local library, LOL.

in my late teens/early 20s i remember loving hanging out at the bookstores in the city - just browsing through the entire store... slowly. i remember thinking that i'd have better odds of finding someone i'd want to share my life with doing something like wandering a bookstore than hanging out at a nightclub.