15 February 2010

Life Changes

(Welcome to my mind. You've officially been forewarned, LOL)

So tonight I'm just sittin' here, thinkin' about things. (What things, you ask?) About the neighbour who (I don't know in what order) met someone online, dissolved a marriage, moved herself & her teenager to the farthest possible place on the continent (got a new job) and is now happily living a new (or at least completely remodeled) life. Actually, make that two neighbours. About families who adopt, whose children are in foster care, about surrogacy. About buying property internationally. Vilcabamba, Ecuador, since you were wondering. Just thinkin' about what motivates people to make-over their lives, to make *HUGE* life changes... to change careers or jobs, to leave marriages, to move cities, to make drastic physical changes (whether it's weight gain/loss or a hair cut or colour or whatever), to build schools in rural Pakistan for girls, to live as One with Nature like Anastasia. A little bewildered wondering if Anastasia exists? You know, just... stuff. That's what's floating around in my head tonight. ;) I'm not personally entertaining any of the above ideas... I'm just spending some time ruminating on all of it... kinda trying to find the collective thread that I know exists there.

that is all.

2 comments:

Haylee said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but as I was reading through older posts, I was wondering if you'd be willing to post photos of your favorite spaces?

~n~ said...

sure, but i'm on dial-up so you'll have to be patient. it might take me a couple weeks to get photos together. ;)