01 December 2009

must be getting healthier...

It's getting colder around here... autumn turning into winter... so I've begun regularly (as opposed to occasionally) using organic coconut oil as moisturizer for my skin - especially on my hands and face, as they are most often exposed to the elements. It is *amazing* what a difference this makes. I just keep a small jar of it in the car and when I'm out and about I reach over for it and rub some on... because I'm not one for having a 'beauty routine' at home at all. More the spontaneous type when it comes to that. ;) My neighbour last week said she was amazed at how youthful I look... I smile and there's laugh lines beginning to crease, but as soon as I stop smiling, the lines go away and my face is smooth, smooth, smooth. (not to toot my own horn, LOL)

The other amazing thing I've noticed lately is the roseacea on my face is all but gone. There's the odd moment where it flares up, but really, it's NOTHING like it was. I'm so overjoyed at this development. I keep reminding myself what a naturopath once told me - that our skin is a reflection of our internal organ (especially our liver's) health - so healthy, clear skin means healthy, optimal-functioning organs. My high-raw mostly-organic diet is soooooooo transformational!!!

OH! And in a few short weeks I go to the dentist to begin the process of replacing my very old amalgam fillings. They are literally disintegrating as some have been in there so long - we're talking 20 years!!! I'm so very very excited. Over a couple months I'll get them all replaced.

yesterday afternoon i felt like i was beginning to come down with something... ever-so-slight hoarse voice... i intended to gargle with salt water but never did. still, lo and behold, today i felt great. i don't know... i hardly ever get sick since going vegan, especially so since going raw. as soon as i feel the slightest thing, i simply get more rest, water, and up the greens in my diet and generally, if i actually do get something, it doesn't last for long and it's not severe. i LOVE raw!!!

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Y'know, for some reason I get sick quite frequently. I am strictly vegetarian but raw/vegan from time to time as well. I hate how everyone is divided up into these food categories. It's like the "food morality hierarchy" with raw at the top, veganism below it, vegetarianism below that, and SAD diets at the bottom. Your self worth can be determined by how far up the hierarchy you sit. The three "classes" at the top need to start working together, not dividing amongst themselves... that's a hot topic for me. ANYWAY - before I go off any farther... (lol) since I've changed my diet I have been sick just as frequently as before. Granted, once I feel I have something I up the greens in my diet and it's usually gone within 3 days. But I still catch things just as much. And then people say, "Oh, I guess you're not as healthy as you thought you were" and of course that turns into a whole big discussion. I don't understand why. I would like to go to the doctor and get some blood tests done and determine what I need to be eating. But A- I dont have insurance and B- I am afraid of needles.