20 December 2009

Happy Solstice!

Wishing you all a memorable Solstice... for us up North, it'll be the longest night of the year, shortest day. I hung the 'celebration' lights on the house today (in the POURING rain) and of course, the darlings stayed up giggling well beyond a decent hour as the festive lights shone in on them... hard to get too down on them about it though as I remember vividly being entranced by the lights myself growing up. red-blue-red-blue... like it was yesterday.

It was a wonderful Sunday here, though - lounging around, colouring Christmas pictures, playing Lego, making cookies, candles lit, doing cross-stitch in front of the woodstove with the dog curled up at one's feet while the kids played carols on the piano and improvised a 'real life' game of restaurant that lasted for hours...

How will we be celebrating Solstice? Hopefully with some exercise, some healthy food, a ceremonial marking of both sunrise and sunset. A day of family togetherness. A candlelit dinner. And a renewed commitment to the values we live by, and to our goals... a day of reflection on what I'd like to bring into my life and what I'm ready to release in the year ahead. Solstice seems like the more natural time to do this rather than the-more-traditional New Year's. ;)

Wishing us all love, health, prosperity and joy!
For the greatest good of all,
~n~

No comments: