26 October 2009

Abundant Blessings

What a priviliged life I lead (as dh loves to remind me, LOL). Truly, though, I'm very blessed. I wake up when I wish - I rarely have to awaken to an alarm clock (I'd *much* rather awaken to a rooster crowing outside, or the dog needing to go out). I choose not to work outside the home - a choice which undeniably will ruffle the feathers of some, being that I do have a decent education and "could make something of myself" (as some people enjoy telling me), but it's a much-discussed decision that works very well for our family. I live my life as I choose, generally speaking. I am blessed to have access to healthy water, to healthy (raw vegan) food. I have a beautiful (unfinished) home (roof leak notwithstanding, LOL). I am blessed with the company of pets, of our amazing children, of a supportive and loving partner, of friends and extended family. We're financially stable; he has a great job that he enjoys... I could go on, but obviously, life is good. VERY good.

Today, for example, is typical of the luxurious life I lead: I spent the morning lounging, reading Jane Goodall's Harvest for Hope: a guide to mindful eating. She's a FANTASTIC writer. I'm really enjoying the book. The kids and I did their weekly homeschool "reports" and we wasted our time playing computer games (time management ones, LOL). By then it was after noon - we made green smoothies and although the housework was calling, we began to make dough ornaments instead. The kids' friends called & came over, so I reluctantly got dressed... at nearly 2 in the afternoon (N.B.: please phone before coming over. please?! or we might both be embarrased, LOL)... still making dough ornaments... the kids all joined in and we made ornaments pretty much all afternoon... I have a dehydrator FULL of them now!!! The kids went off to play Lego, or dance and play dress-up, depending on their fancy... I bustled about doing the housework that I'd successfully ignored for hours (days, truthfully) - basically vacumming with the puppy trying to eat (& bark at) the vacuum the entire time, or sweeping the kitchen floor while she tries to eat the broom. VERY helpful! Fed all the kidlets and then the older ones and I set about playing a board game (Stock Ticker). I got to play the piano for a while after the kids all went home, we spent time reading an Enid Blyton book before bed, after the kids were asleep I had a relaxing, hot, lavender bath, and now I'm enjoying surfing the net for a bit.

Truly, I am blessed. In a big, BIG way.

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

You need to remind ME of this more, please. I had an epic conversation with John today about how I need to be humbled if I think "things are bad" which is so true. I sing the sky is falling song so often when it really isn't. Relax already- I have so much to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.