26 September 2009

You've Come a Long Way, Baby

I need to post (or re-post) "then and now" pics of me, because sometimes I forget how far I've come. The first was from Feb 2006, the second from September 2009.

How did I lose so much weight? Exercising. Drinking water. Eating a vegan (and now raw vegan) diet, which meant eliminating meat and dairy, and subsequently all cooked food. I generally abstain from alcohol (as in, I can count on one hand how many drinks I have in a year, quite easily). My exercising, initially, consisted of rowing 10 kms a day, 5 days a week for the first year, as well as 90 mins of tai chi class once per week, and 1 km swim once a week. Now I row 5 kms a day, 5 days a week, more tai chi (one 90 min class, two 60 min classes each week), and I usually swim 1 km a week still. How much water do I drink? I aim for 2L; sometimes I drink as much as 4, sometimes as little as 1.

Last year I juice feasted for 45 days. This year I'm aiming for 92 days and am currently 26 days into the feast. When I'm not feasting, my diet consists of raw, living foods: green smoothies, nuts and seeds, vegetables, fruit, superfoods like goji berries and maca powder and camu camu berry powder and the like.

Yes, I've come a very VERY long way in the past 3 1/2 yrs. Just needed to give myself a little pat on the back for making so many drastic, lasting changes. My health has improved so dramatically. Yep, I done good. Real good. LOL

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

You HAVE to be proud of this. You REALLY do! This is nothing short of an amazing life changing experience that you- and just YOU, by your own power- have accomplished. AMAZING results and... INSPIRING to other family members, she says knowingly
=)