03 September 2009

Day 3 - running errands while juicing

Today was... busy. I knew it would be - the kids & I had 3 appointments to keep and what seemed like a gazillion errands to run in between and all over town, and hey, it's only my third day juicing and I wasn't too sure how I'd be handling the transition to juicing, and my first day out and about while juicing on this juicefeast. Knowing I've successfully juiced while out of the house all day on previous fasts/feasts is comforting, yet there's still a little anxiety about not being right beside the juicer for hours on end. LOL Did I tell you on Day 1 our power went out TWICE during the day and I had no juices made and was a little concerned if the power stayed out for several hours how challenging that would be in terms of maintaining focus to stay juicing? As it was, they were both short power outages (less than 2 hrs) and in between I made lots of juice, so the second one was a cinch. But it reminded me to have juices made beforehand.

Yesterday I fell short on the 2 lbs or 1 kg of dark leafy greens, although I did get my celery in. I also didn't get around to doing any tai chi or rowing yesterday, which I'd been planning on (nor today either, which means I'm overdue for some exercise tomorrow!). My last juice of the day was consumed around 4 p.m., which made for a long-ish "fast" overnight, although I wasn't that hungry (haven't been yet on this feast, thank goodness).

Today was so incredibly busy. Again today I had about 3L of juice and again, fell short on the dark leafy greens but did get the celery in. I started the day with one coconut's water, one pineapple juiced and some E3Live in there. mmmmm was that combo ever GOOOOOD! Around 11 I had a L of celery/chard/apple which was yummy, too. We were out from late morning until about 8 tonight (yes, it was a long, juiceless afternoon) when I made about a liter of lettuce blend/apple/blackberry with some Vega oil and E3Live. I was in HEAVEN with the blackberries in the juice. SOOOOOO delicious! I had 1L of water today and 2L yesterday (and none the first day of juicing). And yep, running errands today was just fine. I love that with juicefeasting you're still capable of living your daily life, of going about your business. In fact, the Green Star is so wonderfully easy to use in terms of making juices and even clean-up's not that bad with it, and the juices are so delicious (and pulp free. Blech. I don't like pulpy juice.). I picked up a coarse screen today for it and will attempt to make watermelon juice in the morning. mmmm looking forward to that!!

Organic home delivery was today. I got 12 lbs of juicing carrots, a bunch of beets, 2 heads of romaine, 2 heads of red leaf lettuce, 2 bunches of spinach, 7 bunches of celery, some lemons, a couple pears, a couple grapefruit, one bunch of kale, one bunch of chard... it's working out SUPER well to have home delivery. I'm picking up 36 lbs of organic apples this weekend through the food buying co-op (one of 2 I belong to), which should carry me through the month, I hope. Tuesday is CSA day at the local organic farm. This week's box had salad mix (which I juiced tonight), 2 cobs of corn, chard, basil, tomatoes, strawberries, garlic and a couple potatoes. Yep, our house is FULLLLLLLL of fresh produce! LOVE it! Good thing we picked up that second fridge a while ago. It's coming in handy now!

Live your truth
~n~

No comments: