23 September 2009

Day 23!!!

Honestly, I can't believe I'm more than 3 weeks into this feast already, with only another 9 to go. It's going by amazingly fast. :)

Kids & I watched a local documentary, Island on the Edge (www.dvcuisine.com) about vancouver island's food security issues and how to resolve that crisis. EXCELLENT film - it's available in the VIRL library system, or probably with an ILL through your local library. I watched it again b/c it quickly profiled a farmer who grows citrus fruit on the island, and that fascinates me that i could grow my own organic limes and lemons!!! Even navel oranges!! And if you've ever tasted a navel orange, FRESH from the tree..... mmmmmm, well, you'll understand my SHEER DELIGHT at finding out i could grow those right here!!!

I'm continuing to read Raw Emotions, authored by the lovely Angela Stokes (over at www.rawreform.com). Loving the book; really putting a lot of energy into the tasks and exercises as I go through the book - which is helping tremendously. Today I tried out a food PLAN (as opposed to the food LOG i have been keeping the past 9 months - what I had been doing is writing, after the fact, everything i'd eaten. I will try to write a plan (and stick to it) of what I'd like to eat each day... one day at a time. Hoping that having a plan in place will help me overcome challenges like overeating.

Today I was blessed to have:
1L of V-8 (celery, carrot, garlic, beet, butter lettuce, and um, er, more vegetables)
1/2L of yam, carrot, ginger, & apple. i forgot to add cinnamon. silly me!
1L of butter lettuce, celery, apple, lime, ginger.
1L of water

Alrighty! Finally tired. Juicing seriously gives me sooooooooo much energy. It can be challenging to focus that energy in the right direction so that I can be more productive, and mindful, in every moment. :)

Today I am grateful for:
- my body
- my health
- AMAZING energy while juice feasting
- my Green Star and its lovely delectable juices
- supremely deep sleeps - you wake up sooooo refreshed!!
- forgiveness
- the unconditional love from a child
- wonder and joy
- organic farmers everywhere, and our CSA box!!
- clothes drying on the clothesline in the fall sun
- that the raccoons didn't manage to get into the chicken pen!

Namaste
~n~

No comments: