Well, I've survived Day 2. LOL I shouldn't say "survived"; it makes it sound like it was horrible and it was anything but. Truly, beginning this fast has been a relatively smooth transition from solids to liquids. I foolishly stayed up last night playing a (you'll laugh at this) kids' time management online game 'til the wee hours of the night (who can't manage her time well?!?), and of course the puppy woke me up early, so all day I've been feeling the effects of sleep deprivation. A little crankier than normal, a little lazier than normal (I just heard you say, "as if that's possible." LMAO).
Actually, you know what? I wasn't all that lazy today. I steam cleaned half our living room floor, and that was a big job moving furniture and stuff out of the way and doing that. I cleaned the kitchen rather well and swept and washed the floors (oh suuuuuurrrrrre, you say, people do that more regularly than i. 'tis true, 'tis true), did laundry, that kind of thing. Nothing overly strenuous and I made sure I took time out to play with the kids - a couple games of pokemon, reading the newspaper, collecting eggs. Generally a swell day here. Just moving a little slower than normal. Taking it easy on myself, what with the lack of sleep and cleansing effect of green juices (which can leave you a little light-headed sometimes).
In terms of juice consumption, yesterday I made 7 juices, each about half to three quarters of a litre. I felt like I was constantly in the kitchen, juicing, or cleaning up from juicing, or preparing to juice. So today I made a couple batches of juice. I had celery, cucumber, lettuce and apple first in the morning - about three quarters of a litre i think. Then i mixed up 2L of "v8" - tomato, celery, chard, cucumber, red pepper, radish, carrot, beet. yummers. I had 60 oz of lime water and a cup of chamomile tea and that was it today. So total juice consumption Day 1 was 4.5L and day 2 was 2.75L. And I'm down a pound overnight. LOL
Now, some Reiki and a good night's sleep.
warmly,
~n~
2 comments:
rofl - she stays UP to play a time management game. Hello Irony? It's N calling. Yeah, I'm still awake. No, I'm learning time management. What? Shut up? Oh, ok. I'll talk to you later, when you schedule me in...
=)
Mmm cleansing. Good things in, bad things out. Ready for the mental part of detox? Just forewarning you we are in mercury retrograde so possible things from the past coming back lol. Great time to detox actually isn't it!! Might as well get the gunk out that you put in there in the past!!
=)
Nice work, keep it going....!
hmm yes, mercury in retrograde. not officially until the 7th i think but i'd read it's effects can start earlier. being aware of it helps, anyways. we'll see what comes up.
and ya, i'm a big knob for staying up so late playing Farm mania. but MAN that game's FUN!!! check it out online at playfirst.com i think you can play free for the first hour. or maybe you already know how to prioritize things and organize your time?!?! LMAO you should, you're the firstborn.
Post a Comment