The new moon this week pulled serious force over this house. LMAO This may well be tmi for some, but Thursday night we went out and left our puppy in her crate inside the kitchen (my idea, not dh's, I'll admit). We were out for 3 1/2 hrs. When we returned, we were greeted with the worse mess you could POSSIBLY imagine. Even though it was 10:30 at night, we had to bathe the dog, hose the crate out outside, and wash and disinfect the floors and walls. Poor dog. Friday she slept most of the day; I think she'd exhausted herself (probably crying) and pooping most of the time we were gone. I said to dh that it was 10x worse than any diaper-blow-out our children had ever had. WAYYYYYY worse. LMAO
And my emotional volatility on Wednesday night I chalked up to PMS. Why I experience PMS some months and not others is beyond me. Sometimes I wish I had a "hormone mood ring" tattooed on my body - one that would change colours when my body was experiencing hormonal upheaval. Alas, until that happens, mindfulness seems to be the piece of the puzzle I need to work on. I do know when to expect my period, within a day or two; I should know by now to be a little more compassionate and mindful in the days leading up to my period.
I feel like I'm being led in some very clear directions in my life:
- regular meditation practice
- regular Reiki sessions
- regular Tai Chi practice
(regular in these instances meaning 'daily')
- I'm intending to complete a 92-day juicefeast this fall. Not sure how many people I'm going to share that info with; some in my life will be more supportive than others. Sept 1 - Dec 1st (inclusive) are the tentative dates - so I only really run through Thanksgiving and one (extended) family birthday during this time where I might run into some resistance from others, where I *know* I'll be sharing meals with others and will need to plan ahead. Getting things in order for the feast - borrowing a (Champion) juicer, planting extra greens in the garden, preparing to bulk-order apples, carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc. In these last 10 days on solid food, though, I'm consciously trying to "lighten" my food intake - less "heavy" foods and more smoothies (I'm already having 2+L a day, sometimes 3!), more dark leafy green salads and fresh fruit, less complicated food combinations. Also trying to use up some of the staples that won't really last for 3 months - using up nuts and seeds or freezing them for later.
- continuing to exercise regularly; I row 100 kms a month (5 kms a day, 20 days a month). Usually though it ends up being 6 kms a day for 16 or 17 days because of procrastination. The kids are keen on getting a rebounder and I think it would be a great thing to have in the house - everyone would enjoy bouncing on it, but it's important to get one that will last. I found a new one for $40, but am thinking of saving up for a better quality one like a Bellicon.
I think that's all I have on my mind right now. We're heading into an extremely stressful week for dh's job; that's where our positive energy and intentions will need to be, through the middle of next week. Nonetheless, dh & I realize how blessed we really are; we have such an abundance of comfort in our lives - comfortable housing and clothing, access to an abundance of healthy food, supportive relationships, cars and pets - so much to be grateful for already.
Namaste'
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment