29 April 2009

1 year Raw TODAY!!!!!!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!!!! I made it an entire year on a very very high raw diet, most days completely raw. Fantastic!!!! I remember going into this with great trepidation - how would I ever survive on a raw diet?! How would I manage the typically cold, wet pacific northwest winter on cold food?!?! Ohhhhhh how far I've come. And not 3 yrs and 1 week ago I was embarking on a vegan diet, overnight from the SAD foods I'd been eating. Yes, how far I've come in the past 3 years. My health has improved sooooooo much, unbelievably so. It's fantastic.

It's also one year today since my son, who had just turned 8 at the time, decided to become a vegetarian. He has been a committed vegetarian for an entire year now and he says he will continue to abstain from eating meat. (This from a boy who used to LOVE ham).

It's a beautiful sunny day here and I've just GOT to get out and enjoy it. We're going out for a celebratory mocktail later at the juicebar (LOL) or somewhere, anyways... maybe out for a salad or something. :)
Lovin' the raw life,
~n~

No comments: