Well, I haven't quite completely sorted through the emotions that arose during last week's detox... that may take some time. In the meantime, life is going on each day and I'm able to continue on 'as normal'. It's not that you stuff everything back in, until the next time it bubbles up and catches you unaware (lol) but rather that life really does go on, especially when there are others in your household who depend on you for sustenance - for providing meals and clothes and companionship and love. So you have to, sometimes, put your own personal growth/needs aside and step up to the plate and play the game, eh.
I'm still mentally contemplating how to put the past behind me, how I can get some closure on those issues that surfaced... and maybe this moment isn't quite the right moment yet. Who knows. I do know that one day I will be able to put it behind me, and I'm actually looking forward to it (after FINALLY realizing how not useful holding onto the past has become in this case).
Rowed yesterday which felt really good, although of course I dreaded getting down to it. Human nature, I guess. I'm doing it again today... procrastinating. Blogging instead of rowing. lol
I made a lovely raw apple pie on Friday night which I took over to family's on Saturday night for dinner. I loved that it was safe for one person there, who has both diabetes and celiac disease, and who doesn't usually get to eat any dessert (because the rest of the family just eats their SAD desserts of which he cannot partake). I guess because I made it Friday night the tbsp of lemon juice soaked into the apples and tenderized them, making them soft as though the pie were cooked. I wish I'd taken a picture of it before we cut into it - it really looked yummy. I used pecans and raisins, coconut, and a little cinnamon in the crust. Then sliced a couple apples and drizzled with lemon juice. The other apples I pureed with some cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins. This went over the sliced apples in the pie shell, and then topped with a little shredded coconut & raisins. DEEEEEElicious. Everyone who had some enjoyed it.
I suppose I'd better go row. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL I'll have a nice sense of accomplishment once I'm done in half an hour, though. Later today I'm going to make almond butter, sesame milk, flax crackers, and probably some guacamole. Oooooohh and probably some yum-pots (almond dream bars - Matt & Angela's recipe).... LOVE those!!!
Update: I *did* get around to rowing today and am glad it's done. The procrastinating is worse than the exercise itself. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment