24 March 2009

Fuzzy Navels...

Got this recipe from Youtube - Ani Phyo... and it was delicious! Thanks, Ani - you're a great chef!! ;)

Fuzzy Navel Drink
2 oranges
2c water
1 vanilla bean
1c soaked pecans
1/2c pitted medjools (I used 6 dates)

Blend well. Apparently it serves 3, but not around here. I consumed the L by myself! (I *guess* I coulda shared, LOL. Coulda... shoulda.... ;) It tasted maybe a little too pecan-y - I could've put another date in and possibly another orange to correct that, but it was actually quite good. It's been a loooooooooong time since I've had a "real" fuzzy navel, although I do remember them being quite yummy. Oh, and ladies.... can I just whisper this to you: Diva cup. SERIOUSLY. Invest in one. You will be SOOOOOOOOO happy with it. ;) 'Nuff said.

Our food co-op just put a humongous raw food order in. I had run out of so many items - I had a 'raw food wish list' on the fridge and would just add to it as I ran out of things. The last order was about 3 months ago (maybe longer) so it's good to have this going through right now. Raw nori coming, lucuma, all kinds of nuts and seeds, dates, maca powder, soap, coconut oil, gojis, LOTS of stuff coming. It takes about a week to arrive, and the company we deal with has EXCELLENT with customer service. :) I'm just so pleased-as-punch that I've got the women in the food co-op hooked on this company and their raw foods (our food co-op bulk orders through a local company that sells processed natural and organic foods - not too much fresh or raw items. While that's great for the other members of our household - org canned tomatoes, for example, or flours, sucanut, crackers, or other dry goods, I am moving more and more towards keeping more fresh foods in the house... hoping that everyone will imbibe in them a little more often).

The kids had to come with me to tai chi class this morning, so I packed them a yummy snack...
a few of each: dried goji berries, cherries, blueberries, and cranberries, along with a medjool each, pitted with a pecan in each side, and a few almonds each. Also some whole wheat crackers and cheddar cheese, and some cooked (cold) organic edamame for my daughter (her most FAVOURITE thing to eat), and half a cucumber sandwich for my son (on homemade org whole spelt bread). They were SO quiet during the class it was hard to remember they were there!

Yesterday I made some more flax crackers, sesame milk, almond butter, almond dream bars (the almond butter is gone now, lol), and a raw apple pie. It felt so GOOD to prepare some things ahead of time. This morning I made some sunflower seed pate that I will have with the flax crackers later, with some sprouts and veggies. yummers.

Oh dear, the rowing machine is calling me... really must go. Have a rawkin' great day!
~n~

No comments: