So I've been floating along at the exact same weight for more than 10 days now and then suddenly, overnight, drop 2.5 lbs?! (no, not 25... just 2 1/2, LOL) i'm attributing it to hormones, b/c i haven't done anything different in the past 24 hrs...
Yesterday I had:
7 - 12 oz glasses of water
breakfast: 1c of muesli and 1c sesame milk and 1 banana
lunch: 5 lettuce wraps with salsa and guacamole and cucumber slices in them.
snack: 1 oz clarity chocolate (goji/blue-green alge)
dinner/supper: 2 L of green smoothie (1/2 a large bok choy, 1c sprouts, 2 bananas, frozen berries (blackberry, blueberry, red raspberry, black raspberry), 2 tsp Enerex greens powder, 15 chlorella nuts, filtered water, and 2 tbsps ground golden flax)
snack: 1 orange and 15 chlorella nuts
I did an hour of tai chi (teaching) and 5 kms of rowing yesterday.
I'm a little surprised lately how clear my skin has been - it's looking very hydrated and healthy - I don't want to jinx myself but it appears the roseacea (which I understand is very similar to (or is) a candida type issue) has mostly gone away, after MANY years (more than 10!). I remember exercising when I was 18, 19, 20, and people would say, WHOA - I think you should stop exercising, your face is FUSCIA!!! (I felt fine, but the roseacea would flare up from the body's heat during exercising.) Up until recently, whenever my body would start to 'overheat' (from being in a super-hot or crowded room, for example), the roseacea would flare up. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to control it with the raw foods... figure out if there is a certain food that's a trigger and eliminate that food (which is one reason I've consciously been trying to increase the amount of dark leafy greens/algae/seaweeds that I eat daily; I think they'll be very healing). I've been very resistant to using steroidal creams on my face (as is the standard medical treatment for roseacea) and have just lived with it for the past 10+ years. I am finding this winter that my hands are quite dry, but with the colder-than-usual weather we've had, that's not surprising. Certainly at 3 to 4L a day of water, I'm getting enough liquids in, I'd think. Overall though my skin is looking very very healthy these days. Beauty from the inside out, from within. That's where to start, eh.
I'm feelin' pretty blissed out right now - this very moment is awesome! I've just had 24 oz of water and am looking forward to exercising today and having some delicious raw foods that I will mindfully prepare for myself. A few 'life details' to attend to, but mostly we'll be spending a lovely day together as a family. It doesn't get much better than being in the company of those you love. :)
Namaste'
~n~
1 comment:
Happy Spring =)
Post a Comment