Yesterday's food log: - 2 Probiotic capsules throughout the day - one in the morning and one in the evening.
- 1L of water first thing in the morning with lime slices
- Followed by 1 1/4L of green smoothie - 1/2 a large 'head' of org bok choy, 2 org bananas, 2 tsp Enerex greens powder, 15 chlorella 'nuts', 1c frozen pitted cherries, 1 tsp goji berry powder, 1/2 tsp camu berry powder, and enough water to blend. Forgot to add 2 tbsps of ground flax. It makes 1.5 L of smoothie; I shared with the kids, but ended up drinking most of theirs - I guess they weren't so crazy about this combination!
- 1 org banana
- a plate with 1c org (alfalfa & clover) sprouts, 1/4 of a large red pepper sliced up, half a dozen flax crackers of different flavours, and probably 1.5 c of guacamole (I used 1 1/2 avocados) - recipe for guac. from Jennifer Cornbleet's book - see below.
- Another L of water throughout the day while out and about
- Stopped in at Cafe Bliss and had a spicy nori stick (yummers) and a mint square (dd LOVED the mint square (well, who DOESN'T like chocolate?!) and had a LaraBar cherry pie for a snack, too)
- Another L of water with lemon slices
- 1 org banana
- 1 org navel orange
- a generous cup of muesli and 1c sesame milk (muesli recipe courtesy of Jennifer Cornbleet's book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People)
- 15 chlorella nuts
I skipped out on exercising yesterday. That's okay. I'll be teaching an hour of tai chi this morning and will row 5 kms this afternoon. :)
How about you? How'd your Monday go?
And a very HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!! to you today.... Do you have a special raw green food you'll be making? I'll be making a green smoothie and later some guacamole to have with flax crackers, I think. :)
3 comments:
I had someone admonish me today for saying Happy St. Patrick's Day; she doesn't celebrate the day because St. Patrick drove the Pagans out of Ireland, most of whom were women, and she felt strongly that this was not something to celebrate. WHILE I empathize with her view of history, St. Patrick's Day in OUR household is simply a day to wear green, think of leprechauns, rainbows with pots of gold at the end, put up shamrock stickies and eat green food. Nothing more. I'm not going to take the glad tidings for the day off the post, but hope that if you are offended, you'll overlook our differences and continue reading the blog. :)
Namaste.
LOL, sorry....People are funny, and she has her point, but it is about fun...I don't ever remember celebrating the pagans being driven out of Ireland by St. Patrick...they must have left that out in school...
;p
Happy Green day!!
oh ps. What was the name of the Raw Restaurant you were suggesting in Vancouver?? I tried to look back and find the post but I couldn't track it down...Dogh!
The raw restaurant in vancouver is called Gorilla Foods on Richards, down very very near to Harbour Centre (Pender & Richards maybe?) It's on the East side of the street, if that helps and there are steps going downstairs into it, I think. Rick goes there nearly each week and brings me flax crackers, or collard wraps, or raw pizza for a special treat. It's much cheaper than the raw food place in Victoria, too. Pizza over here is $8/slice, and I think at gorilla it's 6. www.gorillafood.com and it's #1-436 richards.
ENJOY!!!!!!!
Post a Comment