I laughed last night as I realized that I had brought into the home, yesterday alone, nearly $650 in raw food! (Actually it was more than 3x that amount, but the rest is going to friends who ordered in on the food co-op order). Craziness. So what do you get for $650?
40 lbs of frozen blueberries (fairly local; within 200 kms)
40 lbs of frozen raspberries (again, within 200 kms)
10 lbs of 3d yr transitional, unpasteurized almonds
1 lb of maca powder
5 lbs of golden flax seeds
4 lbs of sunflower seeds
6 lbs of unhulled sesame seeds
14 lbs of khadrawi dates
1 lb of goji berries
3 lbs of hemp seeds
50 sheets of raw nori
1 lb of lucuma
1 lb of cacao powder
8 oz of herbed olives
35 oz of virgin organic coconut oil
1 lb of pecans
2 lbs of walnuts
46 oz of agave nectar
2 lbs of pumpkin seeds
2 1/2 kgs of whole cashews
... and maybe something else I've forgotten! ;)
So you can see by the list I'm totally stocked in my raw food pantry now (this isn't, by any means, a complete list of what's in my raw food pantry. Oh no. I've got even more items in the pantry - shredded coconut, cacao nibs, carob powder, mulberries, dried mango, sundried tomatoes... lots more). This morning I made some lovely hemp milk, after soaking the seeds overnight. And today I've enjoyed 2L of green smoothie and 1c of nut mix (cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, gojis, cranberries, banana slices), and 3 bananas and an apple.
And as much as I'd love to continue chatting, I really simply MUST get outside into the glorious sunshine. I've been inside at the local craft fair all day helping my son sell his birdhouses, and the sunshine outside has been calling me for hours now.
1 comment:
I shop this way, too! I am in a bulk organic food co-op, and I order everything in BIG amounts. 25lb sacks of nuts and seeds, frozen organic berries by the case, superfoods and supplements in big quantities...it's a great way to shop, isn't it?
Your day sounded lovely -- a craft fair with your son, and then out enjoying the sunshine. Lovely!
Post a Comment