26 January 2009

Had another terrific weekend with dh at home... we didn't go anywhere - stayed at home and got a little yardwork done and a little tidying up around the house... nothing major. We even spent time just sitting around the table talking and simply being together. How nice was that! The kids had friends over for hours each day and played happily and we had family over for dinner one night. I even stayed up until 3 a.m. Saturday night, which made Sunday morning come just a little too early, LOL, but I had a great, relaxing weekend overall. :)

Yesterday I had:
- close to 4L of water
- an orange and 1/4 of a key lime tart (jennifer cornbleet's book) for breakfast. yes, dessert for breakfast, LOL
- 1/4 of a bean quesadilla (cooked) and a bowl of mock potato salad for lunch (matthew kenney's everyday raw book)
- 1 oz clarity raw chocolate
- a few chocolate chip cookies, LOL.
- a banana cut up with 1/2 c of crisp or crumble topping and 1c of almond milk on it
- 1L of smoothie for dinner (green leaf lettuce, spirulina, banana, blueberry, raspberry, maca, camu camu, goji, dates)
And I rowed 6 kms/1/2 hr. How am I feeling overall about yesterday's food consumption? Well, I wouldn't say that this is the best I can do in terms of eating well, but otoh, it is simply one day; not every day has to be the ideal day, does it. I am reading Raw Emotions right now and finding it is helping me face some food issues that I really stuff down (with sweets & cooked food) usually. So that's a bit challenging coming face to face with things that you normally avoid. LOL Continuing to exercise daily is certainly helping in many ways. The half hour goes by sooo fast on the rower, and I could easily procrastinate it away and then have nothing to show for it at the end of the half hour, but it feels so good to accomplish 6 kms in that time and then know I've honoured my self through exercising. :)

On with the day!
~n~

No comments: