30 December 2008

Happy New Year!

2008 is nearly done!! 34 more hours...

I can't believe a week has flown by. Christmas was great here. We went to the airport to catch our flight and was told there were no flights getting out that day. Luckily we had left ourselves enough time to drive, so we hopped the next ferry and were on our way. It was a fairly harrowing drive - several hundred kilometres in the blowing snow, ice, below 0 temperatures, with 15 cars in the ditch on the way up and 5 on the way down. That's a bit unnerving when someone passes you and then 5 kms down the road you see them in the ditch, or worse yet, completely upside down against a rock face (2 other cars had already stopped and were calling 911; I sure hope the driver of that truck was alright - his truck certainly wasn't). Nonetheless, slow and steady wins the race and after 9 hrs (what would've been about 6 hrs in summer) we arrived safely at our destination on Christmas Eve. We had a lovely Christmas, family all together, enjoying it all. Boxing Day we all went sledding, which was SOOOOOO much fun - I went over a jump several times and thought I'd be ever-so-sore the next day, but really, for my age (LOL) I was feeling pretty great the next day. Got to visit with my grandad on the way back, which was so special. I just love being around him. Always have. :) Slightly harrowing drive on the way down; we were detoured because a major accident on the main freeway, but still made it home before midnight.

Nice to be home, though. The house is a disaster - toys, (clean) laundry everywhere... more importantly is that we are all still revelling in having dh home for another week.

Oh, and I got a Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer for Christmas which works WONDERFULLY. love love LOVE the zucchini pasta it makes. Also got a mortar & pestle, which I haven't used yet, but hopefully that will be handy as I make raw food.

That's the update for today. Will try and post again soon. And hoping you have a very happy new year. Stay up 'til midnight; celebrate the passing of one year and the birth of the new year, and the possibilities it holds.

Namaste
~n~

No comments: