Well, with the time change the kids were up at 5 this morning. (I laughed that this seems really early for us, but is really normal for other families we know) They had slept for 10 & 13 hrs, so they did get enough sleep, I think. Our house was chilly this morning; I'm too cheap to turn the electric heat up much, so by 6:30 I had the woodstove going and although it's still going, my teeth were actually chattering about half an hour ago. Part of it is that when I drink cold liquids (water, juices), I feel really cold. And this morning I've had about 1L of water so far. I'm amazed how quickly 12 oz of water go into me. I found it very challenging on the trip to drink enough water each day - when you're spending hours each day driving you don't want to have to stop every fifteen or thirty minutes for bathroom breaks, so I am really appreciating being back at home and getting back into the routine of drinking lots of liquids.
I've been reading a new book: Buddhism for Mothers of Young Children: Becoming a Mindful Parent, by Sarah Napthali. So far (and I'm not very far into it yet) it's really enjoyable. I'll comment more as I read through it.
Other than that, I've noticed my hair coming out lately (and graying, as well). It's been 5 and a half months since I've gone raw, and the same thing happened after going vegan - about 5-6 months after initially changing my diet, I noticed hair coming out whenever I'd run my hands through it - maybe just 3 or 4 or 5 at a time, but the number of times I run my hands through my hair, well... I know they say that we lose on average 100 hairs a day, maybe it's not that I'm losing more than anyone else, I'm just aware of it right now. Anyways, from experience I know that this is temporary and my hair resumes its thickness (I have always had quite thick hair, so a little thinning isn't the end of the world for me) in due time - when it happened the first time (after going vegan), I read that it was a body's way of displaying "shock" at the new, healthier regime, and it's not like it's clumps coming out, it's definitely just a general thinning. I have also read that some people as raw vegans experience a darkening (not graying) of their hair and a thickening as well, so I'm sure that with more dark leafy greens, seaweeds, and algae in my diet, things will balance themselves out.
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to drinking lots of green juice and water in the days ahead, and embracing daily movement and meditation into my life. On with my day!
2 comments:
Listen Baldy it's good to see you blogging (JK!!) Hair loss is so normal anyways. You should see how much I shed on a daily basis. What resembles a small animal is left in the bottom of the shower after me every time. No word of a lie. It's like Chewbaka showered.
you're hilarious. maybe it's genetic then. LMAO maybe i'll collect all the hair that comes out and weave a rug for rick.... and not the kind of rug you'd put in the hall, if you catch my drift. LOL [JK Rick (as if he ever reads my blog anyway)]
Post a Comment