What else am I already doing to benefit my health? Fairly regularly I practice Taoist Tai Chi, which I think is really super-beneficial (one of the benefits that everyone seems too modest to mention is the boost to your sex-life. If more people knew about this benefit, I think you'd see even more people practicing Tai Chi - LOL) Also I recently began a course of homeopathics after visiting the naturopath and have begun B12 sublingual supplements. I spend time in the sunshine, and I try to connect with the earth through simple gardening and composting.
I'm at a place where I'm contemplating what further steps I can take towards optimal health. So the things I'm contemplating are:
- a reverse osmosis system for purifying and alkalizing water. I've found ones between $500 & $750, so I'm just trying to justify the cost, even though you can taste the chlorine in our water some days (yuck).
- digestive system health: some raw foodists rave about colonics/colon hydrotherapy and enemas and others are against them. I'm just reading information for and against these treatments, and I think there's even an upcoming night class at the university on it.
- I'd love to have more regular massage treatments (inexpensive ones can be had at the local (reputable) massage school) and also go for Reiki and Aura Soma, and even take Level 1 Reiki.
- I'd like to make it a habit to do sitting meditation, especially now that I've got a special corner set up for it.
I'm certainly not obsessed about my weight but I can easily stand to lose more. I think technically my BMI is at 29, which is overweight, bordering on obese, if I'm not mistaken, but this is down from a BMI of 34 just 2 1/2 yrs ago, so things have improved drastically. I've dropped my weight by 23%. I don't know what % of body fat I've reduced, and it really doesn't matter exactly what that number is. It's about my overall health. And I feel a lot healthier.
What things do you do to benefit your health? What are your health priorities? Drop me a line or leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment