Happy Philip Petit Day!!! On August 7th, 1974, Philip Petit walked a tightrope between the twin towers in New York while they were under construction. Crazy. And amazing. Check out the wikipedia entry on 'im: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_Petit
To celebrate, I got a haircut this morning - first time in I don't know how long. It feels good and was totally worth the $21 rather than trying to cut it myself, as I've been doing the past couple years. I'll try and post an updated picture when I can. And okay, I didn't really get a haircut because it's Philip Petit Day. I was sorely overdue for one, that's all. :)
Ordering raw food today. Really finding it hard to get back into being at home and making raw food again. That holiday really threw me for a loop. I think it is more just having gotten sick upon returning - there is still laundry to be put away from the trip, and the kitchen floor desperately needs washing, and life is, well, busy (who's isn't). It'll all get done eventually but what it means is that I am looking for quick food - like a cut up avocado & mango together. That quick. I made a smoothie this morning with salad mix, banana, mango, and cherries. Delicious and it's amazing what a difference a smoothie makes in filling you up. Oh, and almond milk in it, too. Anyways, it's time for more almonds and other nibblies from realrawfood.com in Naramata. Check it out.
Food co-op pick-up this afternoon. Not much of the food co-op items are raw; in fact, it's mostly dry goods/processed goods. But it is mostly natural/organic as much as possible - like organic canned tomatoes, organic whole-grain flours, that kind of thing - even 'green' household cleaners. And being that I'm the only raw foodie in the house, the kids need to eat, too, so we'll be picking it up this afternoon.
And tonight, for the first time in 3 weeks, I'm hoping to get to Tai Chi class. It's amazing how much you miss it. I really ought to get into the habit of doing it daily. It feel sooooo good - so relaxing - like an internal massage. And yesterday I put a kink in my neck (might go to the chiropractor today, too), so I'm hoping the stretching in Tai Chi will put it right.
Water with freshly squeezed lemon. Doesn't that sound refreshing? Mmmmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment