06 August 2008

Butterflies Blooming in the Air, Momma Don't Cry

While riding her tricycle around Grammy & Grampa's deck in the sunshine the other day, dd made up this song (no, I wasn't crying at the time - LOL)... "Butterflies Blooming in the Air, Momma Don't Cry". She is right into making up songs these days - free songs, uninhibited, creative songs. It was such a precious moment, watching her ride, listening to her sing...

ds is at day camp and dd is enjoying a day at home with me. I'm trying to catch up on emails that piled up while away and she has been playing on the other side of the room, making up songs, talking to herself, dancing occasionally and singing little ditties. But now it's time to go make her a cucumber sandwich for lunch.

And i just wanted to add how much we are all missing dh/daddy these past 3 weeks. It's another 58 days 'til we see him on holidays, and another 136 'til he returns. i'm reading posts to an e-list about creating a peaceful relationship/partnership in your life, and someone posted, "Does absence make anyone else's heart grow fonder? Do you miss the rituals and the smaller pieces of kindness and affection that fill your days, even while enjoying your own capability?" People posted about the various kind, small gestures they and their partners share - things like leaving little notes for each other, filling the car with gas, leaving the coffee mug and coffee ready to go in the morning, leaving special voicemails privately for each other, sharing a bath and bottle of wine together in the evening... made me try to think of something special I can do for dh while he's 5,000 kms away. One guy posted about how he misses his wife/family even when he's gone just for the work day, and how much he looks forward to reuniting with them each evening. Yep, nothing like 136 days apart to make the heart grow fonder...

another thing, which needs no further comment but may give you food for thought today, that someone else posted was: "I know that every relationship I have is a mirror reflection of ME."

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

I like that last quote. I need to think on that one... =)