19 September 2012

Eating raw

I've been really conscious to stay 100% raw the past couple weeks.  I hadn't realized how far I'd strayed until I tried to stay raw for an entire day.  Then I knew: I'd fallen off the wagon pretty damn hard.  It kinda crept up on me, if that's possible.  A choice here, a choice there, to have something cooked, or vegetarian.  You know how it goes: you're out with friends, the only raw foodie in the group... They decide to go for fish n chips and you choose the veggie burger n fries instead of a salad, because you ALWAYS have the salad when you're out.  You'd be so much happier at that raw food place down the road but none of them want to eat there.  And so it goes.  And before you know it you're wearing sweat pants all day (because not even your yoga pants fit anymore - wtf?!) and eating whatever is around.

At least that's how it happened for me.

Ad so here we are, starting anew.  Dust yourself off, wherever you find yourself (in that proverbial ditch), take a deep breath, and start fresh.  And so for two weeks now I've been 100% raw.  I am feeling good,realizing how much wheat/gluten negatively affects my body, as well as refined sugar.  Putting more thought into my food, making sure I have a plan in my head for meals, making sure to take a snack with me when I'm out, going out of my way to get a shot of fresh wheatgrass when I'm out rather than an iced Capp...  Realizing how wonderful a supportive community of raw foodies is.  I just realize that it is very important, being the only raw foodie in a house of mixed eaters (1 vegetarian, 2 omnivores)... How important support is.  vERY important.

And it's going great.  I am definitely feeling cleaner, lighter, more at peace.  Filled with gratitude for the abundance of fresh organic raw food available to me,and for the choices I have, for all the opportunities.

Namaste

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

It must be tough especially in a house of mixed food choices and surrounded by so many SAD people!
=(