14 March 2012

It's been quite a productive day, although not everything on my to-do list is getting done. I got in to see the Naturopath this morning as he had a last-minute cancellation. After having the Vega testing done, it seems that things are actually in pretty good order internally: slight viral thing going on, some dysfunction in the digestive tract, and the thyroid, which I knew about already. Nothing that can't be tweaked with a few remedies over the next few months. He is super pleased that I'm open to good nutrition and exercise - I think many people come in for appointments looking for a quick fix, not wanting to have to change the way they eat or not wanting to make changes in their lifestyle, and it's not that easy. There is no remedy to replace exercising, he said. :) So true. So here I've already done a lot of the harder work over the past 6 years since going vegan, and over the past 4 going raw. Things are looking pretty darn good, and that's awesome. :)

Other than that, sicky chicken is in isolation with Blindy. I should take a photo of the two of them side by side and you'd notice the difference right away, especially given they are the exact same age (from the same brood). Hopefully sicky chicken gets healthy; I've been giving her wheatgrass today in the hopes that it will help heal whatever it is ailing her. *fingers crossed*

We had a dusting of snow yesterday, and yet another windstorm is set to sweep the island in the next day (hopefully not interrupting ferry travel). It hasn't been windy here; in fact, at this moment I really ought to be outside doing yardwork - it's overcast (and cold) but not raining. I am planning on going to the farm in the morning for a few hours - trim some more strawberries probably. :)

That is all. If anyone knows of a lab stud (black, brown, tan, doesn't matter) in the Victoria area, let me know. I'm on the hunt for a mate for our 3 yr old chocolate lab, who's due to go into heat in the next couple months. *looking forward to the cutest little puppies!*

No comments: