Trying to stay organized lately has proven challenging, as I try to balance many varied responsibilities daily... I've decided to write them all down, lest I forget one (which will inevitably happen, nonetheless):
- (Homeschooling) Mama to my awesome kids
- Homemaker - keeping the house functioning - making meals, cleaning, caring for animals, yardwork, house maintenance, paying the taxes & bills, and more.
- Organic Farm Labourer - working a couple (half)days a week on a small local organic farm in exchange for knowledge, experience, and produce. sweet deal!
- Tai Chi Instructor - I teach two 90 min classes weekly as well as take a 90 min class for my own health. I also organize and participate in demos around the community and take workshops as they are offered, and teach open practice in the city.
- Water System Operator - testing our local water system and source for various things and ensuring our water system's users have access to top-quality water.
- Egg-seller (when our hens are laying) at the end of our driveway.
- Master Composter - yes, I have a certificate to that effect. I pick-up a couple people's scraps and compost them at our place, for $5/bucket. It's keeping their kitchen waste out of the garbage dump and gives me more compost for the gardens, so a win-win.
- Cleaner at our local community hall - okay, okay, it's officially my son's contract with the community association, but we split the work and split the earnings. It's a commitment of 3 hrs a month, so not huge, but still, another hat I wear.
- Columnist at Timeless Spirit magazine - check out past issues and enjoy this gem of an e-zine.
- Reiki Master/Teacher
- Raw Food orders - I coordinate a monthly bulk raw food order and distribute the order. We also order caselots of fresh organic bc fruit in season (cherries, plums, peaches, apples, pears and more).
Oh, there's probably more responsibilities that I've forgotten. Right now, I have to go put on a few of those hats and try and balance spinning plates on top of them. LMAO Such is life.
2 comments:
LOL when you read this list arent you in awe of yourself!?
LOL well, I'm always surprised when people think I just sit around the house all day, wondering what to do with my time. :P
Even still, none of the commitments outside of the family/home are hugely time consuming, for the most part. And I still have time to breeeeeeeeathe. :D
Post a Comment