Wow! That week went by REALLY fast! I had a slight earache for a couple days after juicing last weekend and woke up the morning after juicing with a kink in my neck (which thankfully went away with a little tai chi and massage)... with a little self-care the earache went away (hot baths, and hot compresses on it, which felt really nice, and lots of rest, drinking lots of water)... but it was a reminder that I haven't been honouring myself in regards to healthy food and daily exercise in toooooo long.
Today was another juicing day... it was funny but I wasn't hungry hardly at all. I'm hoping I don't get another earache this week, though it's better for the toxins to be out than in. ;)
I enjoyed:
2 mugs of nettle tea with stevia
3c of kombucha
1c of miso dissolved in hot water
5c of apple/carrot/ginger/greens (beet greens & salad greens)
2c of apple/carrot/ginger
hmmm, no water. still, that was more than 3L of liquids today.
I was given 3 fresh salmon (~4 lbs each) which I pressure-canned today. It was a little strange (okay, *very* strange), having been vegan for more than 5 years, I realized that very rarely do I actually have to touch flesh anymore... I hardly ever cook meat nowadays. Still, I was grateful that those in our house that *choose* to eat meat would have some connection to their food. I haven't ever canned salmon, so I was following instructions, and gave a little prayer of thanks for the salmon giving its life for us (well, those of us that eat it). I thought loving thoughts about how wonderful it must've been to live in the water and held its spirit in reverence and respect as I prepared its body into the jars... and definitely I wanted to waste not a single bit of it... the skin and bones went to the cats (who *loved* it! what a treat for them who are normally on dry kibble only!) and a little to the dog. It takes a long time to pressure-can fish, so it took several hours (5?) to get it all done. Now we have 17 jars gracing the pantry shelf. I am very grateful for the friend who passed the salmon on to us; I know the meat eaters in the house will definitely enjoy it.
When I wasn't canning salmon (or making juice) today, I played a couple boardgames with the kids (Stratego, Carcasonne), recaulked the bathtub, and carved jack-o-lanterns (and roasted pumpkin seeds). A couple years ago I dehydrated the pumpkin seeds instead and they were DEEEEEEElicious. Try it!
In Peace,
No comments:
Post a Comment